cutest blog on the block

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Ode to Hubert "Mini-Mew" Napoleon


(Edit:  my cat(dog?) Hubert Napoleon aka Mini Mew, Bacon, "such a brat", Joey, CassaNova, and Booger Butt, born appropriately on Feb 14, 2010 was found dead on October 22, 2014.  It appears he died from a fall while playing with stink bugs by the window-a good way to go.)

No more endless hours playing fetch with my hair bands.  
No more buying them every other month to replace the ones you carried off to that special hiding place I've yet to find.
No more belly rubs- seriously baffles me how much you loved your belly.
I won't have to say "move over Bacon" every single morning as I dash to the toilet. (What was I thinking putting your food dish in the bathroom?!)
No more marveling at how desperately you'd cry for food - even though the bowl was never empty.  
Gone is your super sonic squeaky melodic purr.
Winter nights will be a bit colder, you were such a good blanket - even if I could hardly breathe under your weight.



Speaking of winter, I'm sad you won't be around for Christmas Tree ornament boxing/soccer season.  It was your all time favorite sport.  
No more redecorating the tree DAILY because of the 10 to 12 ornaments I'd find scattered all over the floor.


Gone are the HOURS spent looking for my glasses.  I can't find the picture- but I swear I have proof how you'd take my glasses and tried to hide them as a ploy to keep me home. 

You had a thing for playing Capture the Flag with my yarn balls too.  It was fun to watch you take my yarn into the bedroom, lay it down and jump on the bed to watch me retrieve it.  
...heh.  I guess you were still playing fetch. 

I never had to hunt for my phone in the mornings.  You were SO good at laying on top of it - every morning.  It just took me a while to learn to turn the music on so I could hear the muffled melodies.  I swear you almost had a smirk on your face as you watched me frantically searching for it.  I know you didn't want me to leave.  

Gracie Mae *might* miss you.  She stopped playing as much when you came along, though.  (You could be a bit of a bully)

...which reminds me

Maybe I won't constantly relive tha time you bore the brunt of my wake up call that night Kip flung your young body into the dresser with such force that it broke your hip.  You helped me see that I could be in danger too. 

I'm glad we got out & I'm glad you're no longer in pain...and no longer a "scardy cat".  

Oh...and thank you for all the help you gave me make the bed and with my sewing projects.  



As much as I complained, I secretly loved your obsession with me, and your crazy antics.  

Goodbye Mini-Mew.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment