cutest blog on the block

Saturday, October 4, 2014

How on earth is it possible???

Th1 Thessalonians 5:14-18
" Our counsel is that you warn the freeloaders to get a move on. Gently encourage the stragglers, and reach out for the exhausted, pulling them to their feet. Be patient with each person, attentive to individual needs. And be careful that when you get on each other's nerves you don't snap at each other. Look for the best in each other, and always do your best to bring it out.
Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live."

The next memory verse that I'd want to write a song about is 1 Thes 5:18.  How on earth am I going to do that???  I don't want to water it down.  I don't want to lose the context.  

Wow...the context.  

Did you see what it says to do?  How on earth am I going to live it out???


That's my face when I was trying to figure out the bluesy chords for my last song.  


This is a failed (yet consistent) example of my cooking.  I promise the two pictures are related.  

I stress over cooking for other people because I genuinely like them and don't wish for any of them to perish. 

Rewind with me to this summer when one of my favorite watoto Mafiki * assures me that Pancakes are, indeed, the very best option for a breakfast for supper meal.  I've never made gluten free pancakes.  What if they turn out like my pie crust??  

I tell him, I'm not sure about it.  I don't know if I can.

His reply is priceless and ruthless at the same time.  He tells me "But Ms. Rebecca, aren't you ALWAYS telling us we can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens?"

You saw that, didn't you?  He used my own words against me. 

I told everyone that Jesus and I made some pretty yummy pancakes that evening.  

So I guess, since I can't write this new song on earth, I'll have to ask the One who *made* the earth for help? 

Prayers - or suggestions of songs that already fit the bill are definitely welcome, as well as prayers that I will depend on Jesus for the living it out part.  

*(Kiswahili for children and friends) 

No comments:

Post a Comment