cutest blog on the block

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Melodious Reminders

God knew what he was doing when he placed this hymn in my heart.  It has kept me going in the hardest of times.  

It's badly sung, the guitar part needs practice...and one insect was murdered in the process of making this video.   (Wait...2) 


(Sorry...were you expecting on screen murders???) 

The other song that has consistently kept me in tune with truth and the knowledge that I'm covered during times of stretching is Day by Day - not the one you might be thinking of.  

Erick Hauck does the best rendition on his album "Dusty Little Feet". 

The first stanza goes:  

Day be day and with each passing moment 
Strength I find to meet my trials here
Trusting in my Father's wise bestowement
I've no cause for worry or for fear
He whose heart is kind beyond all measure
Gives unto each day what is the best
Constantly it's part of pain and pleasure
Mingling tool with peace and rest. 

During the hardest season of my life so far, I had an entire playlist of songs that I went to - often playing them on repeat all night so I could sleep.  

What are your go to songs?  

No comments:

Post a Comment