cutest blog on the block

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Status Messages Not Posted




Guess what!?!  It's raining!  

"Time heals," people often say.  This is not true when it means that we will eventually forget the wounds inflicted on us and be able to live on as if nothing happened.  That is not really healing;  it is simply ignoring reality.  But when the expression "time heals" means that faithfulness in a difficult relationship can lead us to a deeper understanding of the ways we have hurt each other, then there is much truth in it.  "Time heals" implies not passively waiting but actively working with our pain and trusting in the possibility of forgiveness and reconciliation."  ~Henri Nouwen

Hubert is a big Aslan fan.  

Favorite quote from church this morning: "God did not write the bible to prove that there were dinosaurs."

Because sometimes it's not a good idea to put the top down...especially when it Won't. Go. Back. Up.  #gratefulforgasstationroofs (oh wait, I posted that)

Mom, stop worrying.  The nice man at the gas station helped me get the top back up - @Mom. (Yeah, I posted that, too)

Oh wow!  It's raining! #BIGsuprise #flooding #stateofemergency

Love getting letters in the mail that ask me if I'd like to have an uncashed insurance reimbursement check from a year ago reissued.  #yesplease 

Is it wrong that I'm missing the rain?  #norainfor2days

I've decided that thunderstorms make conditions in my haven most favorable for knitting.  #scardycatshiding

Ummm....I think lightening struck way too close to my little humbug.  #yesIscreamed #loudly #Iscreamlikeagirl

 Lightening taking out the Internet *right* at the finish of a 4 hour race?  #TDF 🚴🇫🇷 #1stworldprobs 

Gotta love waking to a strange beeping sound.  I'm running down my mental list of truths before I get the courage to check it out.  1.  I'm not associated with the mafia.  2.  It did sound a bit like the microwave.  3. Lots of t-storm activity last night.  4.  Maybe it's a smoke detector?  #I'mgoingin (it was the stove)

Pretty sad when Gracie Mae turns out to be the braver of the three of us scardy-cats 

I figured out why cat owners take pictures - it's the only way to prove they exist.  #scardycatshiding

Check it out!  Another letter received about a check that I never cashed.  "Would you like the check re-issued?"  Umm...yes! :)

Gratitude list entries for the week:

  • repentance and rest doing their thing
  • amazingly soft alpaca yarn 
  • super fun Tour de France stages
  • furniture sales (YAY)
  • the way Aussie's pronounce the word debut "day-boo"
  • getting organized 
  • being able to clean out the spare room without bawling
  • domestic violence advocates 
  • social workers 
  • finished projects (alpaca knitted pillow! - looks and feels comforting)
  • kitty snuggles
  • being able to enjoy my last days of summer 
  • TWO uncashed check letters received from BCBS - yay for future checks being mailed!
  • landlord offering to be part of my home study so DSS can know that my home is well taken care of and that he's a safety resource in case I even need anything.  
  • prayer time with friends
  • family dinners
  • Lydia's cooking
  • continued pain in my ankle
  • antibiotics - even when they wreak havoc in my digestive system.
  • baskets
  • Swedish movies on Netflix
  • alarm clock songs that remind me of appropriate priorities. 
  • Abba - all powerful, all loving, merciful, and yet just.
  • a super cute high chair from my Cuz
  • frozen banana and chocolate almond milk smoothies
  • hope of visiting my friend Mandy in Greensboro!
  • rain
  • broken convertible tops

No comments:

Post a Comment