cutest blog on the block

Saturday, July 20, 2013

A Letter to a Foster Child's MostVIP

Dear Birth Parent,

     I am honored to be able to partner with you in caring for your child.  I want you to know that I will do everything in my power to give your baby all the love and care he or she will need.   You have such an important place in your child’s life.   I want you to know that I will make sure your child knows how big your love is, and how hard you are working to ensure that you both are reunited as soon as possible.  I can’t imagine how hard it must be for you to be separated from someone so precious; and I am grateful for all the help you are giving me to be able to get to know your child (likes, dislikes, talents, struggles, comforting routines, and interests). 

     I can imagine that you want to know more about me.   I am single and work as an elementary school special education teacher.  I have a lot of experience caring for infants and children of all ages; and I adore what I do.  Some of my after school interests include knitting, reading, bicycling, music, helping with children’s worship at church, pets, and technology.  I attend a non-denominational church that is Bible based.   I love the Lord, believe strongly in the power of prayer, thoroughly enjoy modern-style worship, and strive to lead a lifestyle that is full of grace. 

     I think of my home as a haven - a safe place for resting, playing and growing.  Your child will have room to run and play in the yard, do crafts, play with toys and games, learn self-help skills, and have as much help as needed in school.  My main goals as a classroom teacher are to make sure my students are safe, healthy, and learning about being respectful and responsible citizens.   I hope to do this in my home as well.  

     I am glad that I am available to offer support to your child and will strive to help both of you to stay connected as you are THE most important person in your child’s life. 

With gratitude,


Rebecca (aka “Miss Becca”)

No comments:

Post a Comment