cutest blog on the block

Monday, November 4, 2013

Monday Morning




"Once I press myself into action, I immediately begin to live. Anything less is merely existing. The moments I truly live are the moments when I act with my entire will." ~ Oswald Chambers

I have been living inside my flu cocoon the last 24 hours, but I've been healthy (enough) for 48 hours.  Sometimes it's hard to break out.

"Choose this day whom you will serve, don't turn to the left or the right...."

I hear Jesus inviting me 'Today I set before you both life and death...choose life.'  

But I whine back "I don't want to live!"

Living involves risk, effort, and facing the fear that there isn't enough of me to go around, that I don't have the endurance to finish today's race.  I lack courage and the 'want to'-

-then I look up and seen the amber glow of the sunrise beckoning me.  Hope is there.  Jesus is there.  The Holy Spirit is there, and my Abba wraps His arm around my shoulder as we start the journey of today.

~Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment