cutest blog on the block

Thursday, February 20, 2014

A New Song

Last night found me listening with my spirit and strumming a C chord - just a plain one.  I began to sing 

"tear down__the walls of my heart"  

There needed to be a chord change.  When I found the note  (by lifting my first finger) a new chord the music major in me will have to analyze later was formed.  It sounded pretty neat.  My guitar teacher will be thrilled.  Not only am I using a pick, but I'm strumming!

As I played the line a few times a)excited that I was writing  b)loving the sound of the new (to me) chord and c)letting those words kind of float around my inmost ...

... I realized that Abba was gently calling me to tear down the walls I have put up in my heart.  From there I 'saw' "make straight the paths" and 'heard' a triumphant and determined "and I will carry your cross, carry your cross" (similar melody to "every sha la la laa ").  There was also something muted in my heart's head about His blood dripping down

 my heart was breaking

tears were forming

I wouldn't have had that sweet communion had I been surfing Facebook.  

The Spirit has always ministered to me through song.  It's how I came to be a Christ follower.  The songs of my Sunday School days formed my faith.  

God is SO Good - taught me of God's character, that He loves me and that He saved my soul
Jesus Loves Me ...the Bible tells me so.  -  The Bible is authoritative, I belong to Him, He is stronger than me ...therefore I can depend on Him.
Do Lord ...I've got a Home in glory land that outshines the sun - Something to look forward to! :)
Jesus loves the little children...red, brown, yellow, black and white, they are *precious* in His sight -  nuff said.

There were more, but you get the point.  My mom gave me a little chair over Christmas that was actually one of the chairs I probably sat on during Sunday School where I first met Jesus.  Isn't it a beautiful Ebeneezer to His faithfulness to me?  (and isn't Ebeneezer a fun word??)

The moral of this story for me is to practice being *still* long enough to listen to the New Songs the Spirit is teaching me.  I'm way out of practice...I'm sure that's why I wasn't able to focus on some of the words as well as others.

Maybe the busy-ness of facebook browsing is one of my walls, a noisy, static-y interruption of the New Song the Spirit is singing over me...and I'm sure there are others.  

No comments:

Post a Comment