cutest blog on the block

Friday, February 21, 2014

Putting Fear in it's Rightful Place (or Taking Out the Trash)


Isaiah 8:13-14
But the Lord of hosts, him you shall honor as holy. Let him be your fear, and let him be your dread. And he will become a sanctuary and a stone of offense and a rock of stumbling to both houses of Israel, a trap and a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.

According to my bedroom window forecast, the 100% chance of thunderstorms today brought with it a dark prickly blanket of fear that gripped onto my heart.

Memories of the rain-drenched accident just a couple weeks ago flooded my mind and were allowed (by me) in.

To the friend who was beside me throughout the aftermath that day, I quickly bleated* a text - I thought I had conquered the fear of driving!

She called and immediately prayed:  

"Lord, we need you to be powerful," and she thanked Him for demonstrations of His power.  It wasn't a coddling prayer.  

...and I re-membered how Yahweh was Mighty To Save me that morning.  Once again I was in awe.  

My friend spoke Isaiah 8 to me. "Let Him be your fear and, and let Him be your dread, and He will become a sanctuary"   

Yahweh's throne is higher and very much separate from anxiety.

That moment I KNEW I would not give allegiance to fear.  The Madea in me wasted no time in kicking fear's sorry little tushie out the door.

*reference to sheep intended

I'm so grateful to be part of the flock.  I'm so grateful for the Shepherd's protection, too.

...time to take out the trash :-)
(Literally, and figuratively) 

I'm kinda sad it stopped raining. 

No comments:

Post a Comment