cutest blog on the block

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Two things I learned during storytime

I heart bedtime stories.  

Last night, while reading stories, (okay, one *very* long story that an adorable and precocious little boy chose with a gleam in his eye as he declared "and you're going to read the whole thing!") both children snuggled around me on the couch (think low back couch that also creates a perch), one nameless precious one became distracted by "those white stripes" in my hair.  

Both children begin searching my head for "granny hairs" to count 😳!  I blocked out the number LOL!  Why did I stop plucking them?? Probably because Grannies are awesome.  Full of love, too.  Plus, they don't take themselves too seriously.  Am I too young for grey hair?  Absolutely! (Well...not really, but shhhh 😉) 

What's the other thing I learned about storytime last night? 

 It's not about the book, and definitely is about the relationship! 

No comments:

Post a Comment