cutest blog on the block

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

A Different Kind of Practical - Prayer for the Kenya Trip (and beyond)


Abba has shown his provision in the sending, and it has blown me away.  I have seen SO clearly  the way He does things is exponentially better than the way I would choose to do them. ...I have different preferences about His timing though...and that's my sinful heart's cue to yield. :)  Our Abba is good.  He is just.  He LOVES the children we are going to visit and longs for good things in their lives.

Pray that my physical and spiritual eyes, ears and heart will be open and receptive so that I can follow the Spirit's leading in even the tiniest things;  that His ALL PERFECT love will be the love that touches lives in Kenya, on our team, during travel, at school, with my family; and that I will trust Him beyond any shadow of doubt when it comes to risk taking.

This song HIT ME (like a telephone pole - but in a good way) on the way to work this morning. It was like there was a loud speaker when he sung "take me past the line that my heart draws".

Broken Bread  by Rend Collective Experiment 

May I be broken bread.  
May I be poured out wine 
May I incarnate your kindness Lord.  
Your will done your way!  

Spend my life, Jesus
Any way you please
Whether on great things or what seems small. 
Your will done your way!

I will not fight you.  Take me past the line that my heart draws!
I will not fight you.  Take me beyond the laziness of my thoughts.
I will not fight.  Lead me further than I've gone before.
I will not fight you.  I'm abandoned to your call.

Your will done your way.

Do not let there be any part of me
that's untouchable and unreachable
Let my delight be living out your dreams
Washing dirty feet and kissing Your's!

Your will done your way.

God, let your dreams come true.  Dream through us!


No comments:

Post a Comment