cutest blog on the block

Friday, May 29, 2015

Shells vs. Skeletons


Lately I've been feeling hollowed out and vulnerable, and a lot like dry bones.  Grief can do that.  

Yet, somehow I feel tenaciously beautiful, like a seashell.  

I'm so grateful that God let us enjoy the beauty of shells that we find on the beach.  I think it could be part of His plan to help us see the beauty in our hardships.  

Abba makes beauty out of ashes.  

This video creeped me out last week.  


Just like I don't picture a cow when I buy hamburger at the grocery store, I don't usually think of the creature that used to live inside.  

Shells I have found on the beach seen to come with a sort of magic filter.  I'm immediately enraptured by the beauty and intricacies of its design.  Rarely do I grieve the life that has been lost.  

Perspective is everythjng.  We can think of the remains of our hardships as skeletons, or as seashells.  

No comments:

Post a Comment