cutest blog on the block

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Thoughts while making Cinnamon Waffles (with Apple Butter!) this morning

(They aren't all for today's breakfast...honest.)

I love my thought trails sometimes...and sometimes even I marvel at the beautiful random that flows.  

This morning I made cinnamon waffles.  (#glutenfree)  Pamela is a hero to me.  
Disclaimer:  a few of my thoughts from earlier today are left out of this reenactment -simply because they pertain to the current state of my kitchen.  I'm only a little sorry for the absence of complete authenticity.  But I truly did waffle over whether or not to include them.  (did you see what I did there??) 

So I'll start after the first waffle is removed from the iron:

I'm so grateful for the friend who gave me this waffle iron.  I wish she could know how much joy it brings almost a dozen years later.  >>

What was her name???>>

...>>

(After many moments of reminiscing about the impact she had on my teaching...) How hilarious and totally Becca-like is it that I have no clue what her name is! >>

...>>

Wow.  Yeah.  I got nothing. :-)  >>

It must be really hard for someone with OCD to butter a waffle. >>

English Muffins are much easier to slather butter in one fail swoop.  It'll get into each nook and cranny. >>

I want my heart to be an open English muffin so that Jesus can ooze in each and every place. >>

(Remembering that sermon illustration about English Muffins from last year) I'm so grateful for my pastor/friend.  >>

Electric guitar amps really can be called "cute".  >>

Some relationships are like buttering waffles.  There are definite boundaries.  Buttering can still happen, but it takes painstaking work to get it in each well.  >>

I think butter is going to be my dairy group this morning. >>

Cold butter is easier to get equivalent measures into each of the waffle wells.  >>

Eggo knew what they were doing when they made their waffle makers more shallow.  >>

Introverts are a lot like waffles- deep and warm. >>

...but so are the wounded.  The waffle builds up walls when it encounters the heating trials of life and thinks "I must control the way I receive my butter.  It feels safer that way."  Lavishing butter on a wounded waffle with cold butter creates more wounds.  Softened butter is messier but inflicts no harm.  >>

This Apple butter is THE BOMB!  >>

(This is where I arrange the waffle still life and decide to blog while I enjoy my snowflake pajamas, this restful Saturday morning, and the peaceful solitude of my haven.) 

Messy relationships, like hot buttered waffles are SO worth it. >>

...even if you don't remember the name of your most influential mentor. 

😊


No comments:

Post a Comment