cutest blog on the block

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Promises Spoken In The Stars

Tonight I was grieving ever so deeply in my car, in my driveway, frozen to my cell phone-the only apparent link to sanity.

My hurt has been so very big.

They say grief comes in waves. Mine was a literal tsunami threatening to devour all that I know. I didn't see it coming, but it pressed me, persecuted, and struck me down.

Then, for one brief moment, I stepped out of the car. The moonlight drew my gaze upwards, and I saw.

My eyes saw, but more importantly, my heart saw.

It was such a simple display. A clear, black (but somehow bright) sky with a handful of scattered stars, two long whispy clouds illuminated by the brightest ever 1/2 moon.

I couldn't breath - the beauty and the BIGness of it all.

 There aren't words.

....

Now I'm inside having cried my way through a box of Kleenex.

The tsunami of grief didn't dissipate, my heart legs are still paralyzed, my soul continues to be famished, and my will dehydrated.

But that moment, where my heart and eyes saw the same thing, reminds me that my Abba is here. And my Heavenly Daddy is bigger than any of the tremendous hurts we have.

And I can say "I am pressed, but not crushed, persecuted not abandoned, struck down, but not destroyed, I am blessed beyond the curse for His promise endures, and ...

His joy comes in the morning."



No comments:

Post a Comment