cutest blog on the block

Sunday, September 15, 2013

A Different View of Pain



"My heart and flesh may fail / The earth below give way / But with my eyes, with my eyes, I’ll see the Lord… And I’ll know every tear was worth it all,"

There is something bigger - oh so beautifully bigger than what we see happening on the surface in the midst of painful times.  

My loved ones may be going through trials, but I know and can completely count on my Creator and Savior to have their *eternal* best interest at heart...

...as well as mine. 

"Jesus says:  "Not a hair of your head will be lost.  Your perseverance will win you your lives" (Luke 21:18-19).  We can only survive our world when we trust that God knows us more intimately than we know ourselves.  We can only keep it together when we believe that God holds us together. " ~Henri Nouwen

Whatever trial you are facing, whatever loss, whatever suffering, we can choose to trust in the Truth that:  

1.  God is kind.  He cares that we are hurting.  
2.  God is fair and just.
3.  He knows more. 
4.  He always acts for the betterment of his children.
5.  Things aren't always what they seem.
6.  No matter how dark things may seem, He's right there with you.
7.  Abba has amazing power to create beauty out of ashes.  

That's how He rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment