cutest blog on the block

Monday, August 20, 2012

Faith Recharge?

Last Friday I got a check in the mail.  $88.  I was dumbfounded.  After quickly making a needed purchase for school I was putting off, I decided the rest was to be a cushion until the end of the month.

Mom and Dad visited yesterday and worried when I asked for advice telling them how my car battery had died 2 times in the first week of school - and twice more since. I worried the alternator was going bad.  If what I thought was true, batteries only cost around $50.  I'd be okay.  There'd be enough left over for gas money until pay day.  Surely.





We stopped by the Auto Parts store to pick up a new battery and have it installed.  Simple.  Right?!?

umm...no.  It turns out my sweet little car is a teeny bit high maintenance when it comes to things like batteries.  The guy at the auto parts store said he couldn't put it in.  It'd take too long and was above his skill range.

Oh. 

After all the damage they've done, I couldn't take it to CarMax and I worried about being overcharged at the VW place.  So I called Richey Automotive.  The people who helped me  with my Mazda so much.
They found a battery for around $70 ... but then found them to be out of stock.  The 6 year battery was going to be 95.  I knew I wouldn't have any gas money left if I got it.  In addition, it would take an hour to put it in.  ....  which would mean a $55 more.


I asked the secretary if she thought the solar panel would help until September.  She didn't know and gave the phone to Chris.  I explained my situation and asked if he thought it would be okay to jump it when/if the solar panel thingy didn't work.   


"No.  That wouldn't be good on your alternator.  Can you pay 1/2?"

you know me....I cried.  


-not tears of relief, but ones that were rejoicing for Abba's provision, and at Abba's tenderness to me. 

 I could pay 1/2.

No comments:

Post a Comment