cutest blog on the block

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Reflect (another new song)


This is another sermon note song.  SO much fun to write, and helps me internalize what scripture is saying through the sermon.  

A couple weeks ago I had to deal with someone who has been really mean to me.  Out if the wounds she inflicted my heart responded with defensive and angry words.   It occurred to me that if Jesus made a feast for me and invited me to be the guest of honor - and she was there, I would be so filled up with His delight in me and interactions I had with her would come out of the overflow of His love for me....and yeah, His love for her too (I guess).  ;-)


Reflect
Set a feast before me and my enemy
Though I'm feelin' slain, I will trust
Help me speak the truth - the truth in love 
Let my words be only Yours
Let my words be only Yours

(Chorus) 
Exposing lies, speaking truth
Revealing hope and binding wounds
Help us to see your sovereignty
Let us be made new
Living proof that you are true
Help us be the masterpiece you drew
Let my words reflect only You

I'm scared to speak without sugar to coat
Let alone risk salty words
My good name is found in you alone 
Righteousness comes from You
My righteousness comes only from You

(Chorus)

Runnin' away when I don't know what to say
Afraid of wounds not yet healed
Open up my eyes to hope renewed
Let Your healing start with me
Oh let healing start with me!

(Chorus)

(Bridge)

If I speak with tongues of angels and I ain't got no love;
I do more damage than good. 

If I walk away and never speak up for the truth,
How will they know about You? 

(Chorus)

(Tag)
Let my words reflect only You.

No comments:

Post a Comment